Challenging yourself Technically and Creatively
January 29, 2018
• Student Exhibition Presentation
• Discussion of GOALS , Art & Fear
• Review of camera functions, printing and presentation methods
• Working with Focused Attention, Time, Light & Space
• Review TIMES SQUARE images
• Review: student daily practice photos & VISUAL AWARENESS
Shooting Assignment #2: CREATIVE TECHNIQUE: Stretch the possibilities of your camera and your imagination: Experiment with shutter speeds to control motion, and change your aperture accordingly (see Tech notes on Blog for review). Experiment with light and shadow. Experiment with different apertures to change the depth of field. Experiment with scale and placement in the frame. With each subject, make at least 3 different frames by varying your approachL shutter speeds, aperture and focal length (distance).
Bring (5) images in which TIME/motion studies is emphasized
Bring (5) images in which SPACE is emphasized by utilizing depth of field, focal length and scale.
Bring (5) images in which LIGHT was your primary subject.
Journal: what you were trying to achieve and what you learned.
Reading Assignment: Art & Fear Chapters 3 – 6 (Under Required Readings Tab)
Daily Practice: Photo Journal